The NSF certified British Berkefeld Ultra Sterasyl water filter is our bestselling ceramic water filter for Berkey and British Berkefeld gravity water filter systems. The Ultra sterasyl filter has a microfilter ceramic exterior along with a with a granular activated carbon and heavy metal removal media interior. This NSF certified Ultra Sterasyl water filter effectively removes a wide range of contaminants including; e-coli bacteria, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, heavy metals, free chlorine and monochloramine.
Detailed Ultra Sterasyl Performance Data - (downloadable pdf files will open in new window)
- Pesticide Reduction Data
- Lead Reduction Data
- Heavy Metals Reduction Data
- Pharmaceutical Reduction Data
- PFAS Reduction Data
- Chlorine Reduction Data
Click here for a quick review; Ultra Sterasyl filter performance data sheet (refer to Ultra Sterasyl column)
NSF certified filters undergo rigorous testing by NSF or other labs. The NSF/ANSI certification requires that gravity-fed filters pass through twice their rated capacity of challenge contaminant before testing.
Other Ultra Sterasyl filter certifications include; Water Quality Association, EAC - Eurasian conformity mark, WRAS- Water Regulations Advisory in UK and Lucideon IS0 9001.
For consistently clear, tasty and odorless water, change your ceramic water filter every six months or 1500 litres after use.
- Replacement ceramic water filter cartridge comes with wing nuts & washers
- Improves taste and odour
- Reduces chlorine, monochloramine, bacteria, heavy metals, pesticides, insecticides, trace organics, enhanced organics and pharmaceuticals
- Also for use in Alexapure, Berkey, Phoenix, ProOne, Purewell and other Gravity Water Filter Systems.
- Designed and manufactured in England
- NSF Certified
- Durability: Recommended manufacturer's replacement for each Ultra Sterasyl Ceramic Filter is six months or a maximum of 1500 Litres* after use.
- Re-cleanable with Scotch Brite Pad.
- If using 2 in your system that's 3000 Litres - 6 Litre , Travel Berkey application
* filter life is dependent upon water quality.